This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OLD RECTORY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OLD RECTORY

List entry Number: 1064155

Location

THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Waddingham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Feb-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196804

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 99 NE WADDINGHAM CHURCH ROAD (East side)

1/48 The Old Rectory

II

Former rectory, now house. 1860 by James Fowler. Rock faced limestone with ashlar dressings, slate roof with 2 stone wall stacks and a single ridge stack. L-plan. 3 bay 2 storey front with plinth, each bay has gables with stepped courses up the verges. A central 3 light cross mullioned window with chamfered surround has a pent roof over with fish scale slates, supported by curved timber brackets. To either side the slightly projecting wings each contain canted bay windows with hipped fish scale slate roofs. The windows are plain sashes with the upper parts containing decorative stone tracery in the form of debased geometric arches with trefoil heads. To 1st floor a central 2 light cross mullioned window is flanked by single 3 light similar windows. All windows apart from the bay windows have relieving arches with herringbone panels beneath. To the left hand side elevation is an off centre double planked door with pointed head, set in a stilted Gothic doorway with moulded reveals and head. The hood mould has floriate label stops and rise to a finial. Above the doorway is a panel with cusped and floriated surround containing a stone scroll inscribed with "Nunc huic nunc illi". To the right is a chimney breast into which is set a shield shaped plaque with the date of 1860 beneath a ducal coronet. Above, this and the other chimney on this front have raised vertical and horizontal stone bands. Interior; a geometric stair has carved splat balusters and newels with turned bases. The internal porch doors are in the Gothic style and there are 2 contemporary plain marble fireplaces.

Listing NGR: SK9880896361

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 98808 96361

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064155 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2018 at 04:22:30.

End of official listing