This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHAPEL FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHAPEL FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1064156

Location

CHAPEL FARMHOUSE, COMMON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Waddingham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Jun-1973

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Feb-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196806

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 99 NE WADDINGHAM COMMON ROAD (South side) 1/50 Chapel Farmhouse (formally listed as 26.6.73 House opposite Common Road Cottage,dated 1740) II House. 1740 with minor C20 alterations. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and brick dressings, concrete tiled roof with raised brick coped gables and 2 yellow brick gable stacks and one axial stack. Lobby entry plan. 5 bay 2 storey front with 1st floor brick band and brick corbelled out eaves. Off centre C20 glazed door with to left a single 2 light Yorkshire sash and to right 2 three light and a single 2 light Yorkshire sashes. To 1st floor 4 similar 2 light windows. Ground floor openings have brick segmental heads and 1st floor windows have brick flat heads to eaves. To left of front is a single storey single bay addition with a 3 light Yorkshire sash. The right hand gable end to road has an ashlar date stone inscribed "1740".

Listing NGR: SK9857496069

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 98574 96069

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064156 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-May-2018 at 11:39:29.

End of official listing