This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1064182



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Caenby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 31-Jan-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Feb-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196765

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



6/9 Hall Farm House (Formerly listed 31.1.52 as Old Hall Farmhouse)


House. Medieval foundations with extensive rebuilding of 1774 and further C19 alterations and additions. Coursed limestone rubble, brick dressings, slate roof, 2 gable and a single brick ridge stacks. 2 storey, 6 bay front, the left hand 3 bays being a later addition. The 3 bays to the right have a 1st floor moulded brick band, a moulded brick eaves course, and ashlar quoins. The central glazing bar sash is set in a blocked door opening and has to the left a tall glazing bar sash and to right a wider French window glazing bar sash. Above are 3 glazing bar sashes. Over the 1st floor band is a datestone inscribed "LM 1774". The moulded bands return round the gable end which is in brick above the 2nd floor band and tumbled. The addition has a first floor brick band, a corbelled out and dogtoothed brick eaves course, brick quoins and a raised stone coped gable on left. A half glazed door on the right has a plain overlight and 2 glazing bar sashes to the left. Above are 3 glazing bar sashes. All openings have brick reveals and segmental heads and the brick panels join up between floors. Both door and French window have light timber gabled porches. To the rear is a later C19 wing. The interior all dates to C19 alterations. The site is moated, and was the seat of the de Tournay family from the time of Edward I. In C18 it became the home of Lawrence Monck for whom the major rebuilding was carried out.

Listing NGR: TF0001989204

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 00019 89204


© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064182 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2017 at 03:35:58.

End of official listing