ALBION VILLAS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1064209

Date first listed: 03-Dec-1982

Statutory Address: ALBION VILLAS, 65 AND 67, WOOLWICH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALBION VILLAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064209 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 01:43:32.

Location

Statutory Address: ALBION VILLAS, 65 AND 67, WOOLWICH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Bexley (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 49221 75504

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOOLWICH ROAD 1. 5005 Nos 65 and 67 TQ 4975 9/10 (Albion Villas) II 2. Two semi-detached cottages. 1865-6. Built by Joseph Tall. Monolithic in situ concrete, rendered. Hipped slate roof, a later addition (original roof flat with iron reinforcements). Each cottage two storeys, two windows wide. Doorway in outer bay of either cottage. Windows and door squareheaded. Sash windows. Some original glazing bars. Ground floor rusticated (depth of rustication corresponds to the depth of the shuttering). Band at eaves level. The earliest known surviving houses built by Joseph Tall pioneer of concrete shuttering constructed using method patented by Tall in 1865. Original flat roof was very early example of reinforced concrete. Among the earliest surviving concrete houses. Civil Engineer Architect's Journal, 1st September 1966. Concrete, September 1976.

Listing NGR: TQ4922175504

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 198733

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Concrete' in September, (1976)
'Civil Engineer Architects Journal' in 1 September, (1966)

End of official listing