PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1064222

Date first listed: 17-Dec-1980

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, CHURCH AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064222 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 02:36:03.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, CHURCH AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Bexley (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 46454 71558

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHURCH AVENUE 1. 5005 Sidcup Parish Church of St John the Evangelist TQ 4671 16/4 II 2. 1882-1901 by G E Fellowes Prynne, architect. Replaced church of 1841. Aisled nave of 6 bays, aisled 4-bay chancel, 2-bay chapels north and south, south-west tower, north-west baptistery, vestries and organ chamber to north of chancel. Tower unfinished above bell stage. Yellow brick, enriched with bands and surrounds of red brick, bands of stone. Red tile roof. Lancets. Two-storey interior with quatrefoil balustrade below clerestory. Wooden pointed tunnel vault, supported by coved hammer-beams. Triple arcaded screen across chancel arch with pierced crenellated parapet. Chancel with pointed wagon roof. Flemish pulpit inscribed "Antwerp 1651".

Listing NGR: TQ4645471558

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 198661

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing