This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

VILLAGE YOUTH CENTRE ON SITE OF COWLEYS SCHOOL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: VILLAGE YOUTH CENTRE ON SITE OF COWLEYS SCHOOL

List entry Number: 1064458

Location

VILLAGE YOUTH CENTRE ON SITE OF COWLEYS SCHOOL, SCHOOL LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Holland

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Donington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 13-Jan-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 198148

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DONINGTON SCHOOL LANE TF 23 NW (north side) 2/32 Village Youth Centre on site of Cowleys School G.V. II Former schoolroom block, now Youth centre. c.1861. Red brick in Flemish bond, ashlar dressings, tiled roof, stone coped gables, one circular cast iron louvred vent, one ashlar stack. L-plan. Single storey, 6 bay front, the right hand bay is advanced and separately gabled. In the angle 2 Tudor arched doorways with ashlar surrounds, leaf decoration in the spandrels, covered by a porch across the angle, with tiled roof supported on braced timber posts. To the left 4 ashlar cross mullioned windows, subdivided by raked buttresses. To the right a 3 light similar window and in the gable a rectangular leaded light. Built as an addition to T. Cowley's original foundation of 1719, as a Junior School.

Listing NGR: TF2119435659

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 21194 35659

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064458 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-May-2018 at 02:39:56.

End of official listing