CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1064469

Date first listed: 07-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, BROADGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064469 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 18:49:09.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, BROADGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Holland (District Authority)

Parish: Weston

National Grid Reference: TF 27609 19808

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WESTON BROADGATE TF 21 NE (west side) Weston Hills

11/116 Church of St. John the Evangelist

II

Chapel of Ease. 1888, 1896, C20. Red brick with stock brick dressings, some ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with stone coped gables with tumbling and kneelers; small gabled ventilator openings, stack to south and cross finials. Nave with south aisle, north transept and tower with lantern, chancel. Stock brick dressed plinth runs round entire church. Regularly placed pilaster buttresses. West front with 2 lancets in semi-circular headed slight recess. Single lancet to right. North side of nave with 2 lancets. 3 stage tower of 1896 attached to north with paired lancets to west and north; and single lancets above to west and north. C20 lean-to to east, with plank door. Bell openings on all 4 sides with paired trefoil headed openings each with ashlar mouchette and hood mould. Octagonal lantern with 4 lancets alternating with blind, pilastered panels. Ashlar battlements. East end of north transept with pointed doorway with plank door. North side of chancel with sill band. East end with sill band running under 3 lancets, that in centre taller, and all in recessed blind panel. South side of chancel with sill band and lancet. West side of south aisle with pointed doorway with plank door. South side with 3 pairs of Caernarvon headed lights and pointed doorway beyond with plank door. Interior with pointed double chamfered chancel arch. Archway to north transept with pointed head and double chamfered surround. Chancel with shaped piscina and niche to right. Some painted decoration on chancel roof. Tracered reredos. C19 octagonal font.

Listing NGR: TF2760919808

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 198078

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing