WATER TOWER AT CHURCH FARM SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1064755

Date first listed: 23-Nov-1988

Statutory Address: WATER TOWER AT CHURCH FARM SCHOOL, CHURCH HILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WATER TOWER AT CHURCH FARM SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064755 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 01:58:36.

Location

Statutory Address: WATER TOWER AT CHURCH FARM SCHOOL, CHURCH HILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Barnet (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 27646 94539

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:

1. 5004 CHURCH HILL ROAD (west side) TQ 29 SE 6/44 Water tower at Church Farm School II GV

2.

Water tower. 1912, by the engineers J C Melliss with architectural detailing by Charles Nicholson. Brick and tile cladding over reinforced concrete structure; hipped plain tile roofs; brick stack to centre. Three-storey tower flanked by lower 2-storey wings, of one bay each. Inserted mid C20 entries to ground floor. Concrete lintels over 3-light casements with glazing bars. Fourth stage of tower is tile-clad and has deep overhanging eaves to roof. Interior not inspected. Built as part of an Industrial Boys Home established in 1860.

Listing NGR: TQ2764694539

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 199236

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing