ERSKINE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1064760

Date first listed: 31-Jan-1990

Statutory Address: ERSKINE HOUSE, 1-4, HOMEFIELD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ERSKINE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064760 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 21:12:53.

Location

Statutory Address: ERSKINE HOUSE, 1-4, HOMEFIELD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Barnet (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 25277 88982

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 2588 HAMPSTEAD HOMESFIELD (east end) 26/181 Nos 1-4 (consec) Erskine House

GV II

Two childrens' cottage homes; now 4 flats. 1911-12. By B Parker and R Unwin for the Hampstead Garden Suburb Trust. Converted into flats early-mid C20 by J Souter. Purpleish brick in Flemish bond with red brick dressings; plain tile roof. 2 storeys; 7 bays, 1:2:1:2:1. Central and end bays project under hipped roofs and are linked by round-arched loggias carrying lst-floor balconies. Red brick plinth, quoins, and surrounds to openings. Wooden sash windows, of 15-panes to ground floor, 12 panes above. Later central entrance has 2-panel door (with glazed panel) in wooden architrave with console-bracketed pediment and impost band. Above door, 15-pane window in red brick panel, rising through eaves under hipped roof. End bays have paired ground-floor windows. Loggia has raised key- blocks and imposts to round arches; inside it, a board door with small-pane over- light into each end bay. lst-floor: balcony balustrade has notched wooden balusters; French windows to bays 2 and 6. Stacks to rear roof pitch and inner sides of end bays. Rear: board doors with small-pane overlights to centre and rear ends, that at centre flanked by 2-bay, hipped-roofed projections. At each end a small gabled privy with board door on inner side. Rainwater head dated 1911. This building was part of the Hampstead Garden Suburb. The two cottage homes were originally called Ursula Cottage and Henrietta Cottage, and were donated by George Cadbury and Canon Barnet.

Listing NGR: TQ2527788982

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 199246

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing