THE VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1064766

Date first listed: 26-May-1993

Date of most recent amendment: 09-Jun-1993

Statutory Address: THE VICARAGE, 44, TOTTERIDGE VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064766 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 05:09:18.

Location

Statutory Address: THE VICARAGE, 44, TOTTERIDGE VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Barnet (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 24727 94171

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 29/01/2013

TQ 2494 31-/13/10006

TOTTERIDGE VILLAGE No 44, The Vicarage

(Formerly listed under TOTTERIDGE LANE)

II

Vicarage. 1892 by Charles Nicholson. Red brick in English bond, roughcast bay windows and dormer cheeks. Plain tile hipped roof sprocketed out over moulded wooden eaves cornice. Brick Axial stacks with tall shafts with brick cornices.

PLAN: Rectangular plan with entrance hall to right of centre, service rooms and single storey outhouses at left end and principal rooms overlooking garden at rear SE. Domestic Revival style.

EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic. Asymmetrical 2:2:1:2 NW front. First floor has pairs of narrow 8-pane sashes in moulded flush boxes and small moulded cills. Ground floor narrow cross-mullion-transom window to right and 2 very small casements and sash on left, all with glazing bars, flush moulded cases, moulded cills and relieving arches; main doorway to right of centre with large segmental moulded canopy on squat Tuscan stone columns on brick piers, 8- panel door with side lights in moulded frame and small round stained glass window above; 8- panel service door to left. 3-window SE garden front with narrow roughcast full-height canted bay windows to left and centre, around which the main eaves cornices breaks forward, casement windows and narrow French casement onright bay; tripartite sash on right and narrow sash above. 2 hipped dormers with deep moulded eaves cornices and 2 very small flat roof dormers. Similar sashes and casements and bay on SW and NE ends, NE end with single storey hipped roof outhouses. Rainwater heads dated 1892.

INTERIOR: Good interior features and joinery intact including, panelled doors, cupboards, moulded cornices, staircase balustrade and a fine set of chimney pieces some with tiled surrounds to grate, one with Delft tiles; good free-style hall chimneypiece. Stained glass roundel over front door by Archibald Nicholson.

Listing NGR: TQ2472794171

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 199255

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing