RUTLAND LODGE AND ENTRANCE GATE AND PIERS TO RUTLAND LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1065338

Date first listed: 10-Jan-1950

Statutory Address: ENTRANCE GATE AND PIERS TO RUTLAND LODGE, 145, PETERSHAM ROAD

Statutory Address: RUTLAND LODGE, 145, PETERSHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RUTLAND LODGE AND ENTRANCE GATE AND PIERS TO RUTLAND LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065338 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 10:12:16.

Location

Statutory Address: ENTRANCE GATE AND PIERS TO RUTLAND LODGE, 145, PETERSHAM ROAD

Statutory Address: RUTLAND LODGE, 145, PETERSHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Richmond upon Thames (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 18011 73292

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5028 PETERSHAM ROAD (north side)

No 145 (Rutland Lodge) Entrance gate and piers TQ 1773 21/67 10.1.50 TQ 1873 25/67

II*

2. Late C17 house much rebuilt behind the front after a fire in 1967. The front elevation is faced with brown brick with red dressings and has 7 bays, the centre 3 being set forward slightly. The windows are set in shallow vertical recesses and the arches, which are in gauged brick, have a stepped extrados. The building has 2 main storeys with an attic storey above a richly carved modillion cornice. This cornice was probably originally an eaves cornice, the attic storey being an alteration of circa 1720. To the left is a plain, 2-storey brick wing. The front door, which is centrally placed, has a large doorcase with fluted Roman Doric pilasters on a rusticated surround and has an interesting bracket lamp. The pilasters support a triglyph frieze, surmounted by a segmental pediment. The house is approached from the road through a fine wrought-iron gate with brick piers.

Listing NGR: TQ1801173292

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 205634

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing