CHURCH OF ST MATTHIAS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1065377
Date first listed:
10-Jan-1950
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MATTHIAS, KINGS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MATTHIAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065377 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Jul-2019 at 19:51:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MATTHIAS, KINGS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Richmond upon Thames (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 18504 74455

Details

1. 5028 KING'S ROAD

Church of St Matthias (at corner of Church Road and Mount Ararat Road) TQ 1874 24/34 10.1.50

II

2. 1858 by Sir G G Scott. North-west tower with tall spire. Ragstone. Gothic; nave and aisles, lancet clerestorey; chancel and apse. Wheel window over entrance porch. Impressive tower with buttressed base stage, angle buttresses above; tall, traceried belfry windows (a pair on each side). Traceried parapet and tall octagonal broach spire.

Listing NGR: TQ1850474455

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
205537
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/12096/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Jenni Le Roux. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].