GROVE HOUSE THE INCORPORATED FROEBEL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1065523
Date first listed:
14-Jul-1955
Statutory Address:
GROVE HOUSE, ROEHAMPTON LANE SW15
Statutory Address:
THE INCORPORATED FROEBEL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE, ROEHAMPTON LANE SW15

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROVE HOUSE
THE INCORPORATED FROEBEL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065523 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 01:55:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROVE HOUSE, ROEHAMPTON LANE SW15
Statutory Address:
THE INCORPORATED FROEBEL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE, ROEHAMPTON LANE SW15

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Wandsworth (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 21982 74367

Details

ROEHAMPTON LANE SW15 1. 5033 Grove House (the incorporated Froebel Educational Institute) ) TQ 27SW 3/7 14.7.55 II* 2. 1777 Designed by James Wyatt for Sir Joshua Vanneck. Later alterations and additions. Entrance front 2 storeys, 3 windows centre, 3 window wings and 8 window extension to west. Pedimented centre with balustraded portico at ground floor and Palladian window in centre at first floor. Dentil cornice. Wings and extension with balustraded parapets. Pilaster treatment to angles. Garden front - 3 storey, 3 window splayed bay to centre surmounted by balustraded parapet. Wings with pedimented centres and balustraded parapets - east wing also with projecting ground floor loggia and iron balcony railing above. Interior has original features, including enriched plaster walls and ceiling, marble mantelpieces and staircase with domed lantern on ornamental pendentives.

Listing NGR: TQ2199074360

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
207119
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 17 Greater London

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Feb 2001
Reference: IOE01/03379/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Patricia Philpott. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].