ST CLEMENT DANES HOLBORN ESTATE ALMSHOUSES AND CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1065533
Date first listed:
14-Jul-1955
Statutory Address:
ST CLEMENT DANES HOLBORN ESTATE ALMSHOUSES AND CHAPEL, GARRATT LANE SW17

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST CLEMENT DANES HOLBORN ESTATE ALMSHOUSES AND CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065533 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Sep-2019 at 04:06:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST CLEMENT DANES HOLBORN ESTATE ALMSHOUSES AND CHAPEL, GARRATT LANE SW17

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Wandsworth (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 26588 71894

Details

GARRATT LANE SW17 LANE SW17 1. 5033 St Clement Danes Holborn Estate Almshouses and Chapel TQ 2671 17/2 14.7.55 II 2. 1848-49, by R Hesketh. Balanced group (Nos 1 to 40) of 2 storey terraced cottages one window wide and arranged in pairs round 3 sides of garden with further 3 cottages linked to each return end and chapel on axis of centre block. Gothic Revival style in red brick with stone dressings, grey brick diaper and slate roofs. Each pair of cottage doors beneath single dripstone. Prominent clusters of Tudor-style chimneys rise from upstands separating each 2 pairs. Chapel with gable, clock and large traceried window flanked by louvred turrets. Diapering in gable picks out anchor, letters 'CD' and date 1848.

Listing NGR: TQ2658871894

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
207042
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Dec 2007
Reference: IOE01/17083/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].