BYROM HOUSE AND EASTWARD EXTENSION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1065561

Date first listed: 07-Apr-1983

Statutory Address: BYROM HOUSE AND EASTWARD EXTENSION, 58, CLAPHAM COMMON NORTH SIDE SW11

Map

Ordnance survey map of BYROM HOUSE AND EASTWARD EXTENSION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065561 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 08:02:42.

Location

Statutory Address: BYROM HOUSE AND EASTWARD EXTENSION, 58, CLAPHAM COMMON NORTH SIDE SW11

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Wandsworth (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 28538 75238

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CLAPHAM COMMON 1. 5033 (north side) SW11 No 58 (Byrom House) and eastward extension TQ 2875 10/6 II 2. Circa 1792. Symmetrical. Five windows wide. Three storeys and basement. Stucco. Flight of steps with quadrant abutments rises to acanthus-columned porch. Cillband and pediments on consoles to ground floor windows. Cillband and cornices on consoles to first floor windows, the centre window pedimented. Crowning dentil cornice and blocking course. End stacks with anthemion neckings and cornices. Richly-decorated boundary railing on low plinth. Circa 1900 extension to east. Five windows wide. Yellow stocks with red brick bands and dressings, stone lintols and stone entablature over second floor. Red brick and stone round-arched entrance framed by corbelled hood with 2 storey canted wooden bow window above.

Listing NGR: TQ2853875238

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 207016

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing