CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1065582
Date first listed:
28-Jun-1954
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, THE GREEN E4

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065582 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 05:11:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, THE GREEN E4

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Waltham Forest (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 38604 94383

Details

TQ 39 SE THE GREEN Chingford E4

1/7 Church of St Peter and St Paul 28.6.54

GV II*

Church. 1844 by L Vulliamy; eastern parts added in 1903 by Sir Arthur Blomfield. Gault brick with flint flushwork. Low pitch slate. Decorated Perpendicular Gothic style. 4-bay naves, aisled chancel, clerestory to chancel only. Western tower of 3 stages with parapet, pinnacles and spire with flying buttresses to corners. Nave with 2-light traceried windows; flushwork between windows and buttresses. Crenellated parapet. South porch. 3 bay aisled chancel with 3- light Perpendicular windows and circular piers to arcades. Interior understood to contain C12 font of Purbeck marble and early C18 pulpit.

Listing NGR: TQ3860494383

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
206881
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Jun 2007
Reference: IOE01/16365/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Stewart Monk. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].