THE COPPERMILLS (WATERBOARD STORES)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1065618
Date first listed:
19-Oct-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
15-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
THE COPPERMILLS (WATERBOARD STORES), COPPERMILL LANE E17

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE COPPERMILLS (WATERBOARD STORES)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065618 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 01:52:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE COPPERMILLS (WATERBOARD STORES), COPPERMILL LANE E17

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Waltham Forest (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 35080 88296

Details

COPPERMILL LANE 2/10 Walthamstow, E17

Waterboard Stores (Formerly listed as The Old Coppermills)

The address shall be amended to read:- COPPERMILL LANE Walthamstow, E17

The Coppermills (Waterboard Stores)

------------------------------------

TQ 38 NE COPPERMILL LANE Walthamstow E17

2/10 Waterboard Stores (Formerly listed as The Old Coppermills ) 19.10.51

GV II

Former coppermills, now waterboard stores. 1806. Yellow brick, Portland stone dressings; renewed pantile roof to main block and slate roof to subsidiary wing. Main block square in plan; east facade of 4 bays, 2 storeys with blind ground floor and giant segmental arches upon pilasters with Portland stone capitals; segmental windows inset to upper storey. Entrance to left segmental headed with blind oculus above. Parapet with brick band below. Fourth bay to right overlapped by subsidiary advanced wing in matching style, of 2 storeys; 5 bays to south facade with taller centre having giant segmental relieving arch with inset vesica to upper storey. Square headed windows, set in giant relieving arches; glazing bars; casements to ground floor. Later Italianate tower attached to north of main block, rectangular in plan with arcading, brick eaves cornice and hipped roof. The coppermills were served by a stream running beneath the building; at one time it was used for the manufacture of tokens.

Listing NGR: TQ3508088296

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
206869
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].