Statue opposite south entrance of new main building of The Royal London Hospital

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1065789

Date first listed: 21-Sep-1973

Statutory Address: Statue opposite south entrance of new main building of The Royal London Hospital, Stepney Way

Map

Ordnance survey map of Statue opposite south entrance of new main building of The Royal London Hospital
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065789 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 20:02:23.

Location

Statutory Address: Statue opposite south entrance of new main building of The Royal London Hospital, Stepney Way

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Tower Hamlets (London Borough)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: TQ3475581621

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 13/11/2018

TQ 3481 15/524

STEPNEY WAY (south side) Statue opposite south entrance of new main building of The Royal London Hospital

(Formerly listed as Statue in rear courtyard of The London Hospital,WHITECHAPEL ROAD)

21.9.73

II 1908. Bronze statue of Queen Alexandra. A full size figure surmounting white stone plinth, which also bears a pictorial plaque in low relief, commemorating the Queen's visits to the sick. The statue was erected in recognition of the Queen's Presidency of the London Hospital in 1904, and her work in introducing the Tilsen Lamp to combat Lupus. The statue was moved to its current location in 2013

Listing NGR: TQ3475581621

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 206370

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing