This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GROUP OF THREE HEADSTONES IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 4 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH CHOIR CHAPEL, CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GROUP OF THREE HEADSTONES IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 4 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH CHOIR CHAPEL, CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1065893

Location

GROUP OF THREE HEADSTONES IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 4 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH CHOIR CHAPEL, CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Martock

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 28-Apr-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 422632

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

Group of 3 headstones etc., Church Street. 12/213 9/213

------------------------------------

Group of 3 headstones etc., Church Street. 12/213 9/213

------------------------------------ ST4619 MARTOCK CP CHURCH STREET (West side)

12/213 Group of 3 headstones in churchyard, about 4 m south of south choir chapel, Church of All Saints -

GV II

Three headstones. C18. Ham stone, about 150 mm thick, with chamfered edges to rear. Panelled stones with ornamental borders, the tops having segmented arched pediments containing angel heads, with added side scrolls, that nearest the church being a double stone. Inscriptions not clear in places; one commemorates Joseph Bernard, died 1791, and others, another has a 1794 date. Included as probably the best examples of the many headstones.



Listing NGR: ST4612919137

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 46129 19137

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065893 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2018 at 11:52:57.

End of official listing