FITZPATRICK FAMILY MAUSOLEUM ON EAST SIDE OF THE SOUTHERN HALF OF PUBLIC GARDENS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1065920

Date first listed: 01-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: FITZPATRICK FAMILY MAUSOLEUM ON EAST SIDE OF THE SOUTHERN HALF OF PUBLIC GARDENS, PADDINGTON STREET W1

Map

Ordnance survey map of FITZPATRICK FAMILY MAUSOLEUM ON EAST SIDE OF THE SOUTHERN HALF OF PUBLIC GARDENS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1065920 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 23:45:55.

Location

Statutory Address: FITZPATRICK FAMILY MAUSOLEUM ON EAST SIDE OF THE SOUTHERN HALF OF PUBLIC GARDENS, PADDINGTON STREET W1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: City of Westminster (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 28188 81751

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 2881 NW CITY OF WESTMINSTER PADDINGTON STREET, W1 44/26 (south side) Fitzpatrick family Mausoleum on east side of the southern half of public gardens G.V. II Family mausoleum. Probably 1759, erected by the Hon Richard Fitzpatrick in memory of his wife, the gardens being formerly St Marylebone (or St George's) Burial Ground opened in 1733. Portland stone, square, idiosyncratic neo-classical structure looking more like a conduit head. Stout angle piers flank each face, that to south with opening under shallow segmental arch and springing from bold imposts and similar blind panels to other 3 faces; swagged drapery over south opening with inscribed plaque and similar plaques over panel arches. Bold cornice and blocking course from which rises massive square dome finished off with a shaped pedestal supporting a funerary urn.

Listing NGR: TQ2818881751

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 422606

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing