CHURCH OF ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1066084

Date first listed: 24-Feb-1958

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PAUL, WILTON PLACE SW1

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1066084 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 18:45:45.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PAUL, WILTON PLACE SW1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: City of Westminster (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 28105 79669

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 2879 NW CITY OF WESTMINSTER WILTON PLACE, SW1 88/23 (east side) 24.2.58 Church of St Paul GV II* Church. 1840 to 1843. Cundy Junior, with later alterations including lengthening of chancel by R J Withers in 1871-2 and again in 1892 by Bodley and the addition of the side chapel by Blomfield in 1889. Yellow brick. Bath stone dressings. Perpendicular Gothic. Centrally placed western tower with clock. Interior with galleries to north, south and west, with cast iron shafts. Eight bay nave. Five bay chancel. Open timber roof. Much painted decoration by Bodley; screen and organ case by Bodley, stained glass to east window designed by Bodley and executed by Lavers and Westlake, 1892. South chapel windows by Lavers and Westlake, 1895. Glass to nave by Wailes. Graded II* on account of interior. London Vol 1 N. Pevsner

Listing NGR: TQ2810579669

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 207650

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: London I - The Cities of London and Westminster, (1973)

End of official listing