THE ALBERT PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1066148

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1973

Statutory Address: THE ALBERT PUBLIC HOUSE, VICTORIA STREET SW1

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE ALBERT PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1066148 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 05:56:55.

Location

Statutory Address: THE ALBERT PUBLIC HOUSE, VICTORIA STREET SW1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: City of Westminster (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 29518 79290

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 2979 SE CITY OF WESTMINSTER VICTORIA STREET, SW1 100/15 31.10.73 The 'Albert' Public House II Corner public house. 1865-67. Yellow brick with red brick dressings and stucco trim, slate roof. 4 storeys. 3 windows wide to Victoria Street, 5-window return with 2 storey 3-window extension. Original, canted public house ground floor frontage with central panelled and glazed doors and flanking windows framed by granite pilasters carrying fascia, cornice and balustrade with ball finials, returned, with coupled pilasters and small pediments above them over the cornice, across the full extent of the ground floor; all the bar windows and glazed doors have excellent cut, engraved and frosted glass. The upper floors have grouped recessed glazing bar sashes linked by ornate iron balconettes on 2nd and 3rd floors; similar fenestration to return. Moulded stucco string over 1st floor; prominent stucco main entablature with very deep cornice and lions' head modillions; one stucco moulded parapet upstand to centre of both fronts with "THE ALBERT" incised on them. Interior retains some c.1900 bar fittings. The pub originally adjoined the former Artillery Brewery.

Listing NGR: TQ2951779298

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 207423

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing