This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SUPERINTENDENTS HOUSE AT WESTERN PUMPING STATION

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SUPERINTENDENTS HOUSE AT WESTERN PUMPING STATION

List entry Number: 1067133

Location

SUPERINTENDENTS HOUSE AT WESTERN PUMPING STATION, GROSVENOR ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: City of Westminster

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Mar-1999

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 473133

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 2878 SE GROSVENOR ROAD Superintendent's house at Western pumping station 1900/108/10231

House. Built between 1872 and 1875 with later C19 scullery extension. Classical style. White Suffolk brick with hipped Bangor Countess state roof and chimneystacks to east, west and north sides. Two storeys; 3 windows. South front window and door openings have moulded arches with the mouldings continuing down the jambs to the cills and, in the case of the front entrance door, down to the plinth. Other windows and doors have plain flat gauged brick arches and rubbed Portland stone cites. A simple single storey scullery extending north at the rear has a state pitched roof and brick gable end. There is a single storey lean-to on the west side. Interior has staircase with elaborate cast iron balustrading. Built as the Superintendent's House for the Western Pumping Station.





Listing NGR: TQ2869978005

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 28699 78005

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067133 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2018 at 05:36:42.

End of official listing