MAULDETH HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1067188

Date first listed: 10-Mar-1975

Statutory Address: MAULDETH HALL, MAULDETH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MAULDETH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067188 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 19:51:20.

Location

Statutory Address: MAULDETH HALL, MAULDETH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Stockport (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 87022 92180

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. MAULDETH ROAD 5086 (East Side) Mauldeth Hall

SJ 8792 8/151

II

2. Early-mid C19. Late Grecian villa. 2 storeys in ashlar with hipped slate roof and parapet and cornice. 2-3-2 windows in surrounds with cornice, hung sashes with glazing bars, aprons. Centre breaks forward. 2 windows to each block on ground floor, which is chanelled. Centre door in moulded surround. Flight of steps to columned portice in Greek Doric. Band to lst floor cills and between storeys. Right-hand section has Ionic unfluted pilaster treatment and pedimented gable. Front partly concealed by 2-storey extension of 1881 with windows mainly of 3 lights to the right. Rounded bay of 2 storeys to side elevation. Purchased on the 7 February 1854 as a residence for the Bishops of Manchester. Later a hospital for Incurable Diseases.

Listing NGR: SJ8702292180

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 210855

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing