NUMBER 7 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1067342

Date first listed: 11-Aug-1950

Statutory Address: NUMBER 7 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 7, CHURCH ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 7 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067342 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 22:18:58.

Location

Statutory Address: NUMBER 7 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 7, CHURCH ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 26301 85655

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2685NW CHURCH ROW 798-1/26/220 (North side) 11/08/50 No.7 and attached railings

GV II

Terraced house. c1728. Built by R Hughes, refronted probably late C19. Patched brown brick with red brick dressings. 3 storeys and basement. 1 window. Architraved doorcase with console-bracketed hood, radial patterned fanlight and panelled door. Segmental arched, flush framed sashes with exposed boxing. Parapet. Rear elevation has timber-framed and weatherboarded extension for staircase. INTERIOR: ground floor formerly two or more rooms, now one, with traces of former door into No. 6 at rear. Early C18 corner fireplace and early C18 shell cupboard with fluted surrounds and H-hinges, the latter probably brought in during early C20. Staircase has thin turned baluster stairs. First floor also now a single room, which retains traces of former door into No. 6. Second floor is two rooms deep, divided by plank and muntin screen, and with dado panelling in front room. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached cast-iron railings. (RCHME: London: Vol. II, West London: London: -1925: 42; Victoria County History: Middlesex, Vol. IX, Paddington & Hampstead Parishes: London: -1989: 20).





Listing NGR: TQ2630185656

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 476933

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
The Victoria History of the County of Middlesex: Volume IX, (1989), 20
Other
Inventory of the historical monuments in London Volume 2 West London excluding Westminster Abbey, (1925)

End of official listing