This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

NUMBER 10 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NUMBER 10 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

List entry Number: 1067346

Location

NUMBER 10 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 10, CHURCH ROW

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden

District Type: London Borough

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 11-Aug-1950

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 476937

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2685NW CHURCH ROW 798-1/26/224 (North side) 11/08/50 No.10 and attached railings

GV II

Terraced house. Probably c1728, built by R Hughes; refronted late C18. Yellow stock brick. Late C20 tiled mansard roof with dormers. 3 storeys, basement and attic. 3 windows. Elliptical-arched doorway with keystone and impost bands, radial patterned fanlight and sidelights to panelled door. Gauged red brick flat arches to slightly recessed sashes having fluted quasi-pilaster casings and louvred shutters; 1st floor with continuous cast-iron balcony. Parapet. INTERIOR: not inspected but noted to retain panelling. Altered staircase but upper flights have closed moulded strings. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached cast-iron railings to area. (RCHME: London: Vol. II, West London: London: -1925: 42-3; Victoria County History: Middlesex: Vol. IX, Paddington & Hampstead Parishes: London: -1989: 20).





Listing NGR: TQ2627485652

Selected Sources

Books and journals
The Victoria History of the County of Middlesex: Volume IX, (1989), 20
Other
Inventory of the historical monuments in London Volume 2 West London excluding Westminster Abbey, (1925)

National Grid Reference: TQ 26274 85651

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067346 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-May-2018 at 12:36:15.

End of official listing