FUR LANE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1067454
Date first listed:
03-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
FUR LANE HOUSE, FUR LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FUR LANE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067454 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 03:56:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
FUR LANE HOUSE, FUR LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Oldham (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Saddleworth
National Grid Reference:
SE 00199 04729

Details

SADDLEWORTH FUR LANE SE 00 SW (North side) 6/101 Fur Lane House - - II House and loom workshop. "GM1715" and "Giles Shaw Hannah Shaw 1750" inscribed on stone and door lintel. Hammer- dressed stone with graduated stone slate roof. Original 2- bay single-depth house (1715) was extended to the right and heightened in 1750 creating an L-shape. The angle was filled in in the C19 and a C20 connecting passage gives access to a formerly detached loom workshop and coachhouse. The 4-bay 2-storey elevation has stone quoins, a door in bay 3 with ovolo-moulded surround, dated lintel and cornice and arched side window; 3, 8 and 4-light ground floor windows and 3, 4, 2 and 4-light first floor windows all with double-chamfered cavetto-moulded mullions. Coped gables with kneelers, shaped eaves gutter brackets and 2 ridge chimney stacks. Patio window to left gable. The loom workshop is of 2 storeys with a coachhouse on the ground foor and 9-light workshop window with leaded panes on the first floor.

Listing NGR: SE0019904729

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
212114
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04781/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Mike Widdas. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].