GROUP OF FOUR CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY ONE METRE FROM SOUTH WALL OF CHURCH OF ST CLODOCK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1067726

Date first listed: 14-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: GROUP OF FOUR CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY ONE METRE FROM SOUTH WALL OF CHURCH OF ST CLODOCK

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF FOUR CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY ONE METRE FROM SOUTH WALL OF CHURCH OF ST CLODOCK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067726 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 06:28:26.

Location

Statutory Address: GROUP OF FOUR CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY ONE METRE FROM SOUTH WALL OF CHURCH OF ST CLODOCK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Longtown

National Grid Reference: SO 32636 27505

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 32 NW LONGTOWN CP CLODOCK

6/76 Group of four chest tombs approximately one metre from south wall of Church of St Clodock

GV II

Group of four chest tombs. Late C18 and early C19. Sandstone ashlar. Rectangular plan. Jones memorial against wall of church, 1797, with fluted pilasters flanking inscription panel, shaped capping; commemorates members of Jones family. Merrick memorial, 1841, corner balusters flank fielded inscription panel with shaped capping. Pritchard memorial, 1793, balusters flank inscription panel. Defaced tomb: early C19 with corner pilasters, the latter included for group value.

Listing NGR: SO3263627505

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 355385

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing