This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FLIXTON HOUSE AND OUTBUILDING ADJOINING IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF FLIXTON HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FLIXTON HOUSE AND OUTBUILDING ADJOINING IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF FLIXTON HOUSE

List entry Number: 1067878

Location

FLIXTON HOUSE AND OUTBUILDING ADJOINING IMMEDIATELY NORTH OF FLIXTON HOUSE, FLIXTON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Trafford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 08-Jan-1981

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 212991

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 79 SW (SJ 7494 SE), 4/29

URMSTON, FLIXTON ROAD (east side), Flixton House and outbuilding adjoining immediately north of Flixton House

08/01/81

G.V.

II

House. Late C18. For R. Wright. Flemish bond brick with white headers creating a chequered pattern. Slate roof, asbestos slate to outbuilding. 4 x 2 bays with two storeys, later additions and alterations to rear and the outbuilding (formerly a barn) at right angles to rear. Panelled door in bay 2 with delicate radial fanlight and an open pediment on 3/4 Doric columns. Large projecting conservatory to right of later date. Sash window to left and four sash windows on first floor. All have flat brick arches, stone sills and none retain glazing bars. Four similar windows on the left return retain 12-pane sashes. Eaves gutter on paired brackets. Hipped roof with ridge chimney stacks. Late C19 2-storey canted bay window to right return. INTERIOR: 6-panel doors and original fireplaces. The outbuilding has double barn doors below a timber lintel, stone dressed pitching holes and various door and window openings. Its most notable feature is the open octagonal cupola, columns supporting the lead covered canopy which has a ball finial. Illustrated prior to additions in D. H. Langton, A History of the Parish of Flixton, 1898.

Listing NGR: SJ7462594381

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Langton, D H, A History of the Parish of Flixton, (1898)

National Grid Reference: SJ 74625 94381

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067878 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Feb-2018 at 05:59:32.

End of official listing