STATION MASTER'S HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1067919
Date first listed:
02-May-1977
Statutory Address:
STATION MASTER'S HOUSE, ASHLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STATION MASTER'S HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067919 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 02:00:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
STATION MASTER'S HOUSE, ASHLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Trafford (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 76967 86914

Details

In the entry for:- SJ 78 NE HALE ASHLEY ROAD (North-east side) 7/123 Station Master's 2.5.77 House

GV II

The description shall be amended to read:-

SJ 78 NE HALE ASHLEY ROAD (North-east side) 7/123 Station Master's 2.5.77 House

GV II

Farmhouse, then station master's house, now veterinary surgery. Mid C19. Flemish bond brick with slate roof. Double-depth central-entrance plan with 2 storeys with service wing to rear. Door with pitched canopy. Sash windows with stone sills and flat brick arches on the ground floor. Gable ridge stacks. The right-hand end wall forms part of the station range. Interior includes minor joinery including a wedge door. Known as Peel Causeway Farmhouse before the opening of the railway in 1862. Included for group value. `

------------------------------------

SJ 78 NE HALE ASHLEY ROAD (north-east side)

7/123 Station Master's 2.5.77 House

G.V. II

Farmhouse, then stationmaster's house, now veterinary surgery. Mid C19. Flemish bond brick with slate roof. Double-depth central-entrance plan with 2 storeys. Door with pitched canopy. Sash windows with stone sills and flat brick arches on the ground floor. Gable ridge stacks. Known as Peel Causeway Farmhouse before the opening of the railway in 1862. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SJ7696786914

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
212883
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Mar 2005
Reference: IOE01/12880/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adrian Shaw. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].