CHURCH OF SAINT MATTHEW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1068092

Date first listed: 30-May-1963

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF SAINT MATTHEW, CHADDERTON HALL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF SAINT MATTHEW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1068092 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 22:00:52.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF SAINT MATTHEW, CHADDERTON HALL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Oldham (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 90055 06691

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 90 SW CHADDERTON CHADDERTON HALL ROAD (north side) 4/3 Church of 30/5/63 St. Matthew - II Church. 1848-57. By E. H. Shellard. Hammer-dressed stone with slate roof. Nave and chancel with south-west tower (added c.1878) and flat-roofed C20 additions to west and north. 4-bay nave with projecting plinth and gableted buttresses. Each bay has a 2-light window with reticulated tracery. 2-bay chancel with cusped lancet windows. Coped gables with finials. 3-stage tower with clasping buttresses has arched door, small lancet openings and a squat spire which sits behind corner pinnacles and accommodates the belfry with gabled 2-light openings. Interior: west gallery with blind arcaded parapet on cast-iron columns. Arch-braced collar-tie roof trusses on carved corbtes. Wagon roof to chancel. Timber fittings and stone font. Stained glass, some by Kempe and Tower, other by F. Comere and Capronnier.

Listing NGR: SD9005506691

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 212406

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing