GIDLOW HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1068430
Date first listed:
09-Jun-1966
Statutory Address:
GIDLOW HALL, PENNINGTON GREEN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GIDLOW HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1068430 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 00:21:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
GIDLOW HALL, PENNINGTON GREEN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wigan (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 62484 07056

Details

ASPULL PENNINGTON GREEN SD 60 NW LANE (north side) 6/21 Gidlow Hall 9.6.66 G.V. II

Farmhouse. Late C16 with rebuilding of C19; 2 datestones, one to right hand end reads: "IHS/FR/?TG 1574"; that to left of entrance reads: "RHL/-1840". Ground floor and part of 1st floor of dressed stone with quoins, rest of ashlar; slate roof. 2 storeys, 2 bays. Ground floor has window of 2 segmental-headed lights with label mould, and larger window with label mould to lintel. 1st floor has windows of 3 segmental-headed lights with label moulds. All windows have small-paned casements. Entrance has plain overlight, the lintel with armorial crest in oval frame and label mould. Rear has gabled bay with coped gable, quoins and blocked 1st floor window; later brick outshut, 3-light flat-mullioned window to 1st floor of 2nd bay and brick and rubble outshut to end bay. Returns have flat-mullioned windows, some to right return have drip stones. Gable end stacks.

Listing NGR: SD6248407056

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
213577
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/07064/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Sargeant. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].