This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MAYDEKIN COTTAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MAYDEKIN COTTAGE

List entry Number: 1068743

Location

MAYDEKIN COTTAGE, CANTERBURY ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dover

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Denton with Wootton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Dec-1978

Date of most recent amendment: 28-May-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 178576

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TR 24 NW DENTON AND WOOTTON CANTERBURY ROAD (west side) 1/47 Maydekin Cottage 22.12.78 (formerly listed as Nos. 1 and 2 Maydekin Cottages) GV II House. Dated 1646 and 1688. Red brick in mixed English and Flemish bond with some flint. Plain tiled roof. One storey and attic with 2 storey cross-wing on discontinuous plinth with hipped roof. Stacks to centre left and to right, and with 1 flat roofed dormer. Gable to right with plat band and cornice, raised over 2 blocked windows on first floor, with 1 wooden casement on first floor, 1 metal casement on ground floor, and 2 wooden casements to left on ground floor. Two blocked doorways to centre right. Slate roofed outshot to right. Present entry by boarded door in C20 rear outshot. Several stones are set into the brickwork on centre of main (roadside) elevation, bearing a variety of initials and dates, including some with Latin inscriptions, the principal one referring to the Oxenden family and dated MDCXLVI (1646).

Listing NGR: TR2157547364

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TR 21575 47364

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1068743 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-May-2018 at 09:24:55.

End of official listing