THE RUINS OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1069218

Date first listed: 24-Jan-1967

Statutory Address: THE RUINS OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS, LOWER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RUINS OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1069218 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Mar-2019 at 05:30:09.

Location

Statutory Address: THE RUINS OF THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS, LOWER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Swale (District Authority)

Parish: Norton, Buckland and Stone

National Grid Reference: TQ 97595 62611

Details

TQ 96 SE NORTON AND BUCKLAND LOWER ROAD (north side)

1/65 The Ruins of the Church of 24.1.67 St. Nicholas

GV II

Ruins of medieval parish church. Coursed flint. Original nave, chancel and west tower which collapsed 1719. West wall of tower survives, 20 feet in length by 10 feet in height, returned 2 feet to the north, and 5 feet to the south. The footings of the nave and chancel walls are discernable at ground level.

Listing NGR: TQ9701860488

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 176471

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing