This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE OAKS, AND GARDEN WALL TO EAST AND SOUTH OF HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE OAKS, AND GARDEN WALL TO EAST AND SOUTH OF HOUSE

List entry Number: 1069225

Location

THE OAKS, AND GARDEN WALL TO EAST AND SOUTH OF HOUSE, ABBOTS HILL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Swale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Ospringe

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 176494

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 95 NE OSPRINGE ABBOTS HILL (west side)

4/88 The Oaks, and garden wall to east and south 24.1.6 of house) II

House. Late C18 and early C19. For John Toker. Red brick and plain tiled roof. Three parallel ranges. Two storeys on plinth with cornice to parapet and stacks to left and to right. Regular fenestration of 5 glazing bar sashes on first floor and 4 on ground floor, all with gauged heads. Central double half-glazed doors with Gothic traceried fanlight, and open pediment on engaged Doric columns. Garden wall curves along road to east and south of house, approximately 8 feet in height, of red brick, approx. 50 yards in length. Described as built "not many years since" by Hasted (1798). (See Hasted II 502.)

Listing NGR: TQ9937059866

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Hasted, E, History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent, (1799), 502
Hasted, E, History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent, (1801), 502

National Grid Reference: TQ 99370 59866

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1069225 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2018 at 01:51:13.

End of official listing