EASTLING MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1069239
Date first listed:
27-Aug-1952
Statutory Address:
EASTLING MANOR, SCHOOL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of EASTLING MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1069239 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 13:39:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
EASTLING MANOR, SCHOOL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Swale (District Authority)
Parish:
Eastling
National Grid Reference:
TQ 96263 56518

Details

TQ 95 NE EASTLING SCHOOL LANE (south side)

4/19 Eastling 27.8.52 Manor

GV II*

House. C14 and 1616. Timber framed and exposed close-studding with plaster infill, part rendered, part tile hung, on red brick base with plain tiled roof. Two storeys and attic with half-hipped roof and gablets. 3 hipped dormers and stacks to left and centre right. Two 3 light transomed windows, 1 single light and one 5 light on first floor, and two 5-light transomed windows with hipped hoods and single light on ground floor. All dormers and windows with central arched transoms. Two storey hipped and projecting porch to centre with C20 glass outer doors and multi-panelled inner door. Right return front: tile hung with oriel windows to each floor, with rear wing of close- studding on red brick base and C20 canted bay window. Interior: rear wing partial survival of C14 or C13 aisled hall with scissor-truss roof. Present main range added 1616 with contemporary cellars, wainscot panelling and doors and turned baluster screen to service area. Open well staircase of 3 storeys with turned balusters, bell pendants and moulded hand- rail. Large oak fireplace with carved coupled baluster pilasters with scrolled and foliated frieze and cornice-mantel. Known originally as Gregories, the wing of 1616 added by a Mr Parmiter (see Hasted, vol. VI p422; also BOE KENT II, 1983, p307).

Listing NGR: TQ9626356518

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
176423
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hasted, E, History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent, (1801), 422
Newman, J, The Buildings of England: North East and East Kent, (1983), 307

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].