HOGGESHAWS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1069285

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: HOGGESHAWS, RAWLING STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOGGESHAWS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1069285 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 00:15:33.

Location

Statutory Address: HOGGESHAWS, RAWLING STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Swale (District Authority)

Parish: Milstead

National Grid Reference: TQ 90330 58716

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 95 NW MILSTEAD RAWLING STREET (west side)

4/123 Hoggeshaws (formerly listed as The Post Office) 27.8.52

GV II

Wealden hall house, now house. C15 and 1700. Timber framed on flint plinth and exposed with plaster infill, the end left and end right bays underbuilt with red brick on red brick plinth, with plain tiled roof. Four framed bays, originally with 2 bay hall, the screens passage in the left end ½ bay, with later stack backing on to it. Two storeys, recessed central 2 bays with flying wallplate carried on-curved braces, and hipped roof with gablets and stack to centre left. Four wood case- ments on first floor, 3 on ground floor with central board door under eaves dropping. Arched doorway to screens passage survives to left. Left return front of brick, with plinth and plat band and 4 windows originally brick mullioned. Aedicule on chimney dated 1700.

Listing NGR: TQ9033058716

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 176332

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing