This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

NO 4 AND OLD FORGE BUILDING ADJOINING

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: NO 4 AND OLD FORGE BUILDING ADJOINING

List entry Number: 1069302

Location

NO 4 AND OLD FORGE BUILDING ADJOINING, LONDON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Swale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Lynsted with Kingsdown

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 21-Mar-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 176264

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 96 SE LYNSTED LONDON ROAD (south side) 3/54 No.4 and old forge Building adjoining

GV II

House, late C17 extended 1825. Painted brick and plain tiled roof. Two storeys on plinth with plat band and roof half-hipped to left. Three wood casements on each floor. Central panelled door in panelled surround with flat hood, with blocked window space to right. Old forge building: adjoining to right, now garage. Timber framed and clad with weatherboard and corrugated iron roof. One storey, with 1 metal casement, 1 glazed and shuttered forge door, half-doors to left, and garage doors to right. The forge building and the end left window bay of the adjoining house built in 1825 for Thomas Pembury, blacksmith. (See E. Selby i'eynhhm Manor and Hundred, 1982 edn. p.70).

Listing NGR: TQ9593462163

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Selby, E , Teynham Manor and Hundred, (1982), 70

National Grid Reference: TQ 95522 62321

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1069302 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 03:58:31.

End of official listing