ALMHOUSES (NOS 1 TO 30 AND THE CHAPEL)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1069408

Date first listed: 04-May-1970

Statutory Address: ALMHOUSES (NOS 1 TO 30 AND THE CHAPEL), 1-30, SOUTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALMHOUSES (NOS 1 TO 30 AND THE CHAPEL)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1069408 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 12:32:40.

Location

Statutory Address: ALMHOUSES (NOS 1 TO 30 AND THE CHAPEL), 1-30, SOUTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Swale (District Authority)

Parish: Faversham

National Grid Reference: TR 01163 61257

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOUTH ROAD 1. 1103 (North-west Side) ----------------- Almshouses (Nos 1 to 30 & TR 0l6l SW 2/157A The Chapel) II

2. Gothic building of 1863-4 designed by Messrs Hooker and Wheeler of Brenchley, Kent, and built by G W Chinnock brothers of Southampton. Symmetrical range 470 feet long, with return wings 120 feet long facing Tanners Street and Napleton Street. Red brick, with white bulk bands and stone dressings, tiled roofs. Casement windows. At each end of the main front are 2 low towers containing water tanks. 2 projections With gables between these and the centre. Arcaded ground floor with gabled porches between the main gabled projections. In the centre of the main front is the chapel which is a Decorated stone building which projects. This has 2-light windows with quatrefoils in the spandels; formerly, pointed bell turret on either side of roof.

Listing NGR: TR0136261380

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 176008

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing