MALT SHOVEL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1069711

Date first listed: 19-May-1950

Statutory Address: MALT SHOVEL HOUSE, 17, DELF STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MALT SHOVEL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1069711 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 10:41:22.

Location

Statutory Address: MALT SHOVEL HOUSE, 17, DELF STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dover (District Authority)

Parish: Sandwich

National Grid Reference: TR 32917 58223

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5275 DELF STREET (South-West Side) No 17 (Malt Shovel House) TR 3258 1/66 19.5.50.

II GV

2. C15 timber framed house, refronted in the C18 but preserving the coved overhanging of its 1st floor on a bressummer, 2 storeys, 2 windows. Ground floor painted brick, 1st floor plastered. Coved eaves. Casement windows 1st floor. C18 bay shop window ground floor with its glazing bars intact. Doorway with rectangular fanlight, flat hood over, beneath the overhang and supported on brackets. 6-panel fielded door. The lower half of the roof is hipped, but it terminates in the point of a gable set back behind it. There is a stone adjoining the front door dated 1756 which marks the beginning of the boundary of St Mary's Parish from that of St Peter's Parish.

Nos 17 to 21 (odd) form a group.

Listing NGR: TR3291358218

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 177366

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing