MAYDEKIN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1070016

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1952

Statutory Address: MAYDEKIN, CANTERBURY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MAYDEKIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1070016 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 23:54:04.

Location

Statutory Address: MAYDEKIN, CANTERBURY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dover (District Authority)

Parish: Denton with Wootton

National Grid Reference: TR 21581 47456

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TR 24 NW DENTON AND WOOTTON CANTERBURY ROAD (west side) 1/48 Maydekin 27.8.52 GV II House. C17 and C18, altered mid C19. Red brick, the left return elevation and rear wing tile hung and in part rendered. Plain tiled roof. L-shaped plan. Two storeys and attic on plinth with brick corbelled eaves to roof with stacks to end left and projecting at end right. Three hipped dormers. Regular fenestration of 5 sashes on first floor and 4 on ground floor all with segmental heads. Central door of 6 panels with traceried rectangular fanlight and flat hood on consoles. Rear wing of 2 storeys and attic with 3 hipped dormers and large central stack, irregular fenestration of glazing bar sashes and wooden casements. Either this building or Little Maydekin (item 3/29 ) was built originally 1630 as Dower House to Broome Park.

Listing NGR: TR2158147456

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 178577

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing