This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SOLTON MANOR FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SOLTON MANOR FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1070058

Location

SOLTON MANOR FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dover

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Langdon

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Aug-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 23-Apr-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 178473

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TR 34 NW LANGDON SOLTON 2/34 Solton Manor 22.8.52 Farmhouse (formerly GV listed as Solton) II

House. C16, clad C17 and extended and altered c.1904. Timber framed and clad with red brick with flint and yellow brick dressings, with plain tiled roof. Three cell hall-house plan in origin. Two storeys on flint plinth with some diapered brick insets, with hipped roof and stacks paired and lozenge offset to left, projecting at front left, and to centre right, rear right and end right and with 3 flush skylights to right. Six glazing bar sashes on first floor and 4 glazing bar sashes and tripartite sash to centre left on ground floor, all with moulded surrounds, and inserted in blocked openings marked by yellow brick dressings. The whole upper wall rebuilt to right c.1904. Central half glazed door with terraced semi-circular fanlight in gabled porch. Left return: large offset stack in English band, incorporating four centred arched doorway. Large stack to rear, with tumbled-in brickwork, the chimney truncated and diverted to adjacent early C20 stack. Interior cross passage plan, front and rear doors still opposite each other. Early C20 inglenook partition to parlour and ceiling. Parlour with moulded cross panelled ceiling joists and 4 centred moulded brick fireplace with hollow chamfer. Upper floor with rear corridor and framed partitions to main rooms, with moulded and stop chamfered door from stair to corridor, and 4 centred arched doorways to rooms. Chalk block lined cellars.

Listing NGR: TR3394045281

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TR 33940 45281

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1070058 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 10:08:42.

End of official listing