HEADSTONE TO MARY AND JOHN CLAYSON, ABOUT 5 METRES NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1070062
Date first listed:
23-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
HEADSTONE TO MARY AND JOHN CLAYSON, ABOUT 5 METRES NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HEADSTONE TO MARY AND JOHN CLAYSON, ABOUT 5 METRES NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1070062 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 09:43:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
HEADSTONE TO MARY AND JOHN CLAYSON, ABOUT 5 METRES NORTH OF CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Dover (District Authority)
Parish:
Ringwould with Kingsdown
National Grid Reference:
TR 35981 48326

Details

TR 34 NE RINGWOULD CHURCH LANE (south side)

3/44 Headstone to Mary and John Clayson, about 5 metres north of church of St. Nicholas

GV II

Headstone. Mary Clayson d.1746 and John Clayson Fisherman, d.1761. About 3½ feet high, with rocaille decorated head and relief of fishing smack.

Listing NGR: TR3590548404

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
178483
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/09225/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Steve Dallison. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].