OASTHOUSE 30 METRES TO NORTH OF DAMBRIDGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1070082

Date first listed: 14-Jan-1991

Statutory Address: OASTHOUSE 30 METRES TO NORTH OF DAMBRIDGE FARMHOUSE, STAPLE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of OASTHOUSE 30 METRES TO NORTH OF DAMBRIDGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1070082 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 17:41:13.

Location

Statutory Address: OASTHOUSE 30 METRES TO NORTH OF DAMBRIDGE FARMHOUSE, STAPLE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dover (District Authority)

Parish: Wingham

National Grid Reference: TR 24938 57223

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added to the list:

TR 2457 WINGHAM STAPLE ROAD

9/402 Oasthouse 30 metres to North of Dambridge Farmhouse

GV II

Oasthouse. c.1800 re-roofed c.1873. Red brick in Flemish bond with hipped peg tiled roof and brick eaves cornice. A T-shaped building of 2 storeys and basement comprising storage range and 2 kilns. North elevation has 2 wooden casement windows with cement cills and cambered head linings to ground floor windows. Basement has openings with wooden lintels. 4 circular iron ties. First elevation has loading door to lst floor, 2 circular iron ties and cambered opening to ground floor with iron bars. West elevation has 1st floor loading door and a brick dated 1873 with further bricks initialled IR, MR, FR, MR, IR, HR and HR which probably refers to a refurbishment. 5 bays storage with tie beams, collar beams, ridge piece and through purlins. 2 kilns, one retaining its drying floor. Probably when built there was one kiln to the south but after 1873 part of the storage to the east was partitioned off to form another kiln. Instead of a court a projecting gable served both kilns.

Listing NGR: TR2493857223

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 178440

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing