CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1070283

Date first listed: 11-Oct-1963

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1070283 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Mar-2019 at 05:31:47.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dover (District Authority)

Parish: Goodnestone

National Grid Reference: TR 26957 53594

Details

GOODNESTONE CHILLENDEN TR 25 SE Church of All 3/53 Saints 11.10.63 GV II* Parish Church. C12, with C14 and C15 fenestration. Restored 1871 by G.G. Scott. Flint, in part coursed and set herring bone fashion, with plain tiled roof and shingled tower and spirelet. Chancel nave and western bell tower and north porch. Identical C15 two light Perpendicular windows and ogee headed fenestration elsewhere, with exposed blocked head of C12 windows in chancel north wall. C19 half-timbered north porch, the doorway with C19 or C20 attached shafts and tympanum carved with lamb and flag, original C12 billet moulded head with zigzag drip mould, with C12 roll and wave moulded south doorway. Chancel stepped in from nave, with interior frame for bell turret at west end of church, with arcaded base, ogee braced trusses. Roof of 4 crown posts. Fittings: ogee headed piscina and shelved aumbrey in chancel. Screen, of 1871, large with 3 ogee headed bays. Pulpit, C17, octagonal with fluted pillar stem and fluted frieze to plain panel sides, supported on carved brackets. Tester with drops at the corners, and panelled backboard. C19 or C20 handrail on turned balusters. Glass: fragments of Medieval glass in window heads. Monument to George Mutter, d. 1813. White pedimented wall tablet on black background, signed T.Milnes (of London). (See B.O.E. Kent II, 1983, 276).

Listing NGR: TR2710053528

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 177914

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Newman, J, The Buildings of England: North East and East Kent, (1983), 276

End of official listing