This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OLD COURT FARMHOUSE AND FORECOURT

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OLD COURT FARMHOUSE AND FORECOURT

List entry Number: 1070301

Location

OLD COURT FARMHOUSE AND FORECOURT

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dover

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Aylesham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 177862

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

AYLESHAM OLD COURT TR 25 SW 2/1 Old Court Farmhouse and forecourt

GV II House. C17 building with C18 and early C19 alterations. Red and blue brick and plain tiled roof. Two storeys and basement with plinth and boxed eaves with stacks to right and projecting at end left with 2 offsets and 4 flues all in English bond and at least C17. Two wooden casements on each floor and central C20 panelled door. Two basement openings to right and 1 to left. Single storey extension to right. Rear courtyard with early C18 half-hipped single storey range containing bread oven in complete state with lath. and plaster firehood, and with external door to labourers' loft above.Front yard enclosed by a red brick wall on flint base, C17. About 5 feet high and extending about 20 yards by 20 yards, buttressed and ramped up to join house. The house was the seat of the Marsh family of Acrise from c.1605 to 1665, ( Hasted, X, 253).

Listing NGR: TR2455153279

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Hasted, E, History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent, (1797), 253

National Grid Reference: TR 24531 53310

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1070301 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Feb-2018 at 03:25:51.

End of official listing