TWO HEADSTONES ABOUT 3 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1070312

Date first listed: 03-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: TWO HEADSTONES ABOUT 3 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO HEADSTONES ABOUT 3 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1070312 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 16:56:17.

Location

Statutory Address: TWO HEADSTONES ABOUT 3 METRES EAST OF CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dover (District Authority)

Parish: Eythorne

National Grid Reference: TR 27971 49700

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

EYTHORNE CHURCH HILL TR 24 NE (South Side) 4/24 Two headstones about 3 metres east of Church of St. Peter and St. Paul GV II Two headstones, both recording John, d.1726, and Mary Birch, d.1730. The larger, possibly reset, about 3½ feet high, with double head carved with 2 skulls and crossed bones and head with burial instruments. The reverse is also carved with inscribed raised and fielded panel with arched head and death's head key. The second stone, probably originally the foot stone, about 3 feet high, with unusually shaped head with 2 skulls and burial instruments, and poetic inscription on incised shield with beaded and boned surround.

Listing NGR: TR2799449647

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 177885

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing