GOLDEN GREEN MISSION CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1070418

Date first listed: 19-Feb-1990

Date of most recent amendment: 17-May-2000

Statutory Address: GOLDEN GREEN MISSION CHURCH, THREE ELM LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GOLDEN GREEN MISSION CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1070418 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 22:22:35.

Location

Statutory Address: GOLDEN GREEN MISSION CHURCH, THREE ELM LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Tonbridge and Malling (District Authority)

Parish: Hadlow

National Grid Reference: TQ 63764 48252

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HADLOW

TQ 64 NW THREE ELM LANE 1694/6/102 GOLDEN GREEN 19-FEB-90 Golden Green Mission Church

II



Church, also used as a community hall. Erected c1914 either as a new structure or reusing existing buiding from another site. Timber-framed, clad and roofed with corrugated iron, painted green. PLAN: Small chapel on east west axis comprising nave and chancel in the same block. North porch towards the west end. Later C20 kitchen and toilet block in matching materials to rear. EXTERIOR: Front has 3 windows with pointed arched heads containing timber Y- tracery. There is another each end and one more south of the chancel. Gabled porch with 2-centred outer arch containing a plain plank door. Roof is gable- ended. INTERIOR: Four bays. Lined with pine tongue-and-groove planking with plain pine trusses.with three tiers of purlins and ridgepiece and iron supports. HISTORY: Kelly's Directory of Kent of 1891 mentions the "iron church at Golden Green in connection with the parish church" but Golden Green Mission Church was not erected until after 1914 when the land was gifted to the vicar and churchwardens of Hadlow by the local landowner Mr Osim d'Avigdor Goldsmid of Somerhill for use as the site for a church. Since the mid 1970s it has also been used as a community hall.







Listing NGR: TQ6457348176

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 179538

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Kelly's Directory' in Kelly's Directory of Kent, (1891)

End of official listing