CHERRY ORCHARD COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071196

Date first listed: 10-Aug-1988

Statutory Address: CHERRY ORCHARD COTTAGE, CHERRY ORCHARD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHERRY ORCHARD COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071196 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 22:44:36.

Location

Statutory Address: CHERRY ORCHARD COTTAGE, CHERRY ORCHARD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Ashford (District Authority)

Parish: Bonnington

National Grid Reference: TR 05199 35757

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TR 03 NE BONNINGTON CHERRY ORCHARD LANE (south side) 4/81 Cherry Orchard Cottage II House. 1691 alteration of earlier structure altered mid C20. Timber framed and part exposed with plaster and painted brick on ragstone base, and clad to rear with tile hanging. Extended with applied timber to brick. Plain tiled roofs. One storey and attic with hipped roof and gablets and stacks to centre left, end right and projecting forward at end left. Hipped extension to left. Two jettied gables, that to right mid C20. Further extension (C20) to right. Leaded wooden casements on each floor of gables, and 3 more to ground floor. Boarded door to centre left in gabled half-timbered porch. Rear elevation (some time entrance front) with datestone on stack: S M L 1691 Interior: the pyramidal stepped stack with inglenook fireplace interrupts earlier framing, the floors braced and resting on the stack with re-used chamfered timbers. Full frame visible, renewed roof. The quality of additions and restoration in 1691 and 1930's makes it difficult to assess how much timber (especially on entrance front) is original, or whether this is a C17 building or earlier structure altered 1691.

Listing NGR: TR0520635756

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 181666

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing