FALCONHURST FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1071247

Date first listed: 27-Nov-1957

Statutory Address: FALCONHURST FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FALCONHURST FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071247 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 21:10:51.

Location

Statutory Address: FALCONHURST FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Ashford (District Authority)

Parish: Aldington

National Grid Reference: TR 07663 34521

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TR 03 SE ALDINGTON 7/1 Falconhurst Farmhouse 27.11.57 II House. C15 and clad and extended early C18. Timber framed and clad with painted brick with plain tiled roof.Hall house plan in origin. Two storeys and attic in 2 builds, the timber framed range to left, with plinth and hipped roof with gablet and stack to rear left, with stack cluster to right, and roof stepped up to C18 range, with plinth, plat, hipped dormer and stack at end right. Two wooden casements on each floor to each block, with small casement in stack-bay of framed building on 1st floor. Painted ragstone outshot to left with boarded door. Plank and stud door to right in gabled porch. Outshots to rear. Framed interior, said to date c.1480. Manorial and former parochial centre (the site of church of St. Leonard is about 100 metres north) (See Hasted, vol. VIII)

Listing NGR: TR0766334521

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 181586

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hasted, E, History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent, (1797)

End of official listing